Monday, March 8, 2010

Big Girl

Much to my surprise today, when I went to get Kate from her nap today, instead of sitting in her crib, I found her by her rocking chair, looking at books! She had this look like, "oh, hi mom...was I supposed to stay in my crib?" I was so shocked! I popped her back in her crib & asked her how she did it. She proceeded to swiftly kick her legs up and thrust her body up so that she was balancing on all fours, on top of her crib. Then she started crying--it was like she forgot how to finish getting out! I helped her down, and she immediately asked to go back in her crib to try again. :) So funny. And so frightening!

Nonetheless, tonight Todd removed one of the crib railings, so that the crib is now more of a 3-railed 'daybed' that she can safely crawl in and out of. She thought it was pretty cool, but we'll see how the night goes! We padded the floor and put a little towel roll under her mattress pad to try and act as a bumper to the open side. I'm so curious to see what she does in the morning!

How did my little baby get so big?! Time sure flies.

much love,
Julie

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm dreading the day that Jillian learns how to climb out of her crib. I hope things go well tonight!

Larry, Natalie, Jackson and Adelaide Pruitt said...

Wow! That is so crazy that her and Jack did this at the same time. At least we now have each other to support! Hope it went well last night. We are having an "interesting" time with it all.