Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

It's been a busy holiday week again, with visits to the grandparents and more 'firsts.' At Grammy and Grandpa's (Rothfus) house, Kate went on her first snowmobile ride! It made me super nervous, as there definitely was NOT a car seat involved, but because of the large amount of snow that arrived overnight, it was either the snowmobile or a very long walk in the cold! She did great, of course. Todd plopped her in the bjorn and she slept the whole time we rode down to the car. Too cute!

At Grandma and Grandpa's(Smith) house, Kate went sledding for the first time! Grandpa made a very cool attachment to a sled so that her car seat carrier fit right in. We towed her behind us as we walked downtown Leavenworth for lunch. She was awake for the first part of it and seemed to like it (well, as much as we could tell!) After lunch we took her to the sledding hill, to a part with a modest incline and let her sled down it! She thought it was fabulous. Check out the video for more proof of that. :)



I forgot to mention that last week she rolled over for the first time! She went back to belly, which is more unusual to start with, but it just goes to show that we have a genius on our hands.

We had a great time visiting with family, and I appreciated all the help I got with Kate. Her Grammy and Grandma got to have lots of cuddle time, and I got to get some knitting done! I'll have to post a photo of my latest project.

Todd's gearing up to start his tests to obtain his Architectural license. His first test is on Monday, and then he'll have a test every 3-4 weeks until May. It's a pretty rigorous examination, but he's looking forward to getting started on it.

I'm heading back to work next Wednesday. I'm feeling ready to rejoin my colleagues and to get back into the other 'nursing' world. It will be hard to leave Kate for 13 hours at a time, but knowing Todd is home taking care of her will make it much easier. I'll just be working every Wed and every other weekend, and he'll be staying home on Wed to care for her. I think they're going to have lots of fun having so much one-on-one daddy time!

Enjoy more pictures, and Happy New Year!

Much love,
Julie

Oops! You caught me with my hands in my mouth again!


She doesn't seem to appreciate our efforts to keep her warm.


Out enjoying a rare snow day!


Yes, she's trying to eat her snowsuit.


Winter Wonderland in Seattle

2 comments:

Steff said...

That video is HILARIOUS!! Kate is so adventurous!

Anonymous said...

The video was too cute. Good luck on going back to work. Hopefully it will be like riding a bike. For me it took a while to get back into the swing of things. Jack enjoyed meeting a new girlfriend...and seeing you too.