Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Feeling Sentimental

As I look down at the sleeping babe in my arms, I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of happiness and disbelief. A year ago today, we had our first true chance to start our family after nearly a year and half of trying. I was feeling so hopeful and nervous at the same time and trying to stay relaxed. Two weeks later we received our first positive pg test and were overjoyed, as well as cautiously optimistic. And as you know, in September we finally welcomed our lovely Kate Scarlett into this world.

Christmas has a new meaning for me now. It's always been a time for family, and now it's a time that reminds me of how our Kate came to us. It was an incredibly hard journey for us, but we now have this wonderful new person in our lives.

My heart goes out to those couples still waiting to start or to add to their families. Your strength amazes me and we think of you often.

Merry Christmas,
Julie

2 comments:

Annie said...

Merry Christmas to all three of you! We are so thrilled you got your happy ending and wish the same to all those who continue the struggle.

Take care this holiday - and travel safe! The roads are a mess on this side too... :)

Steff said...

I remember that wonderful miracle last Christmas! Amazing, amazing amazing. We both have a lot to be thankful for this Christmas. Lots of love to you, Todd and Kate.