Wednesday, November 12, 2008

7 Hour Stretch

I'm happy to report that Miss Kate slept SEVEN consecutive hours last night! Woohoo! She's been fairly consistently sleeping 4-6 hours since she was about 4 weeks old, but it was often like a 9 to 3a stretch, or 10-2a. That in itself is great--I know lots of 8 week old babes still wake more often than that.

So last night, she'd been taking an evening nap, and woke up around 10p for another feed. She ate really well, and then I decided to try a new swaddle technique that I learned at this great new parent group that I go to here. We used to swaddle her, but she kept breaking free from it...so then this last week we had just been putting her in this, but she'd squirm and squirm and wake herself up.
This is the special swaddle technique: It's a 2 blanket swaddle...the first you use to wrap their arms, and then bring the blanket up between her legs and around the chest (kind of hard to describe). Then the 2nd blanket you just do a typical swaddle. She nursed a bit more and I put her down in her crib asleep around 11pm. She woke up ready to eat at 6am! How brilliant is that?! Needless to say, I'll be using that swaddle again!

1 comment:

idieh said...

If I ever manage to have a baby, I want you to teach me your secrets.